The Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Xiaomi Redmi 6A sport modern 18:9 aspect ratio screen, MediaTek Helio P22 chip, artificial intelligence aided face unlock mechanism & the recently announced MIUI 10 OS.
On June 12 Xiaomi announced the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A in its home country. Both phones support 4G on both SIMs and will go on sale on 15 June in China.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 : Specifications & Features
- The Redmi 6 features a 5.45-inch HD+ display in an 18:9 aspect ratio. Powered by MediaTek Helio P22 system-on-chip, which features an octa-core 2 GHz CPU on power efficient 12-nanometre technology.
- The phone comes in two storage and RAM options – 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB & you can use a microSD card (up to 256 GB in size).
- In terms of imaging, Cameras include a 12 MP + 5 MP dual camera on the rear and a 5 MP unit on the front for selfies.
- The phone sports fingerprint sensor on the back, though an “AI-aided face unlock” feature is supported via the front camera as well.
- The phone is running MIUI 10 and includes a 3,000 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6A : Specifications & Features
- The Redmi 6 features a 5.45-inch HD+ display in an 18:9 aspect ratio. However, it is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 system-on-chip, a dual-core processor built on power efficient 12nanometre technology.
- The phone comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card.
- In terms of imaging, Cameras include a 13 MP on the back and a 5 MP on the front for selfies.
- The battery is same as Redmi 6 i.e. 3,000 mAh.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 & Xiaomi Redmi 6A: Price
- The Redmi 6 with 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB RAM and internal storage variants are priced at $125 and $155, respectively.
- The Redmi 6A is priced at $95.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 & Xiaomi Redmi 6A: Price in India
- India launch and pricing is not yet confirmed.